Details for Benchmark: JS4809
N 38° 05.661 W 120° 23.730 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TUOLUMNE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1946 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1946
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS--LOCATED BETWEEN SOUTH FORK AND STANISLAUS RIVER, 1 MI NE. OF JCT. ON NORTH END OF RIDGE, 1500 FT N. OF LOT.
NEW TO REACH FOLLOWS--TO REACH FROM COLUMBIA, GO NE. TO AMERICAN CAMP, THENCE FOLLOW RIDGE N. PAST LOT TO POINT. RD. IS FAIR TO STATION.
STATION MARK--USE BRONZE DISK STAMPED---PONDEROSA 1946---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.