Details for Benchmark: JS4819
N 38° 30.767 W 121° 16.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SACRAMENTO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- A 953 RESET
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CALTRANS 1979
4.6 MILES (7.4 KM) NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 16 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN SLOUGHOUSE, ON TOP OF SOUTH-SOUTHWEST HEADWALL OF A DOUBLE BOX CULVERT, 25 FEET (7.6 M) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY, 0.5 FEET (15.2 CM) LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.