Details for Benchmark: JS4822
N 38° 47.467 W 121° 14.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PLACER county, CA View Original Datasheet
- J 1200 RESET
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
3.95 MILES (6.36 KM) NORTHEAST ALONG SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION, IN ROCKLIN, JUST NORTH OF OLD FIRE STATION, WHICH IS NOW A AUTO BODY SHOP. 175 FEET (53.3 M) NORTH OF CENTER OF ROCKLIN ROAD, 74 FEET (22.6 M) NORTH OF NORTHWEST CORNER OF BODY SHOP, 58 FEET (17.7 M) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF NORTHEAST CORNER OF HOUSE, 57 FEET (17.4 M) WEST OF CENTER OF AN ALLEY WAY, SET IN DRILL HOLE IN OUTCROPPING ROCK 11 BY 20 FEET (6.1 M) PROJECTING ABOUT 2 FEET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.