Details for Benchmark: JT0134
N 38° 02.833 W 122° 07.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SOLANO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- D 790
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
1.9 MI E FROM BENECIA. 1.9 MILES EAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT BENECIA, AT THE NORTHWEST END OF A STEEL RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER CARQUINEZ STRAIT, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE SUPPORTING THE FOURTH STEEL LEG OF THE BRIDGE SOUTHEAST OF THE NORHTWEST END OF THE BRIDGE, 75 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF BAYSHORE DRIVE, ABOUT 60 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND 1.6 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (JRM)
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 8553 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.