Details for Benchmark: JT0143
N 38° 02.393 W 122° 08.293 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SOLANO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (CAG)
ON THE OFFSHORE (SOUTHWESTERLY) END OF THE BENICIA ARSENAL PIER. THE STATION IS A STANDARD TOPOGRAPHIC DISK SET IN THE FLOOR OF THE PIER. IT IS 8.96 METERS FROM THE WESTERN FACE OF THE PIER AND 1.60 METERS FROM THE SOUTHERN FACE (MEASUREMENTS MADE FROM THE INSIDE EDGE OF THE 12 IN X 14 IN WOODEN CURBING AROUND THE PIER. IT IS 1.63 METERS OFFSHORE OF THE OUTBOARD RAIL OF THE RAILROAD. THE DISK IS STAMPED DOCK 1949.
THERE WERE NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED.
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (EEJ)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDTION AND AS DESCRIBED.
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT BENICIA ARSENAL. AT BENICIA ARSENAL, IN R2W T2N, AT THE SOUTHWEST END OF A DOCK, IN THE TOP OF THE ASPHALT AND CONCRETE COVERED FLOOR OF THE DOCK, 30.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF THE DOCK, 5.1 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE DOCK, 5.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE SOUTHEAST TRACK OF A RAILROAD ALONG THE DOCK, AND FLUSH WITH THE FLOOR. NOTE-- THE DOCK FLOOR IS MADE OF TIMBER WITH AN ASPHALT COVER.
|01/01/1962 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (IRR)
THE STATION MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND THE 1949 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|03/08/1988 by NOS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1988 (FRD)
THE MARK WAS SEARCHED FOR BUT NOT FOUND. THERE WAS EVIDENCE OF NEW CONSTRUCTION IN THE AREA.$DESCRIBED BY T.K. PORTA
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.