Details for Benchmark: JT0146
N 38° 02.750 W 122° 08.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SOLANO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- BENICIA ARSENAL 13
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||TeamMoehrke couldn't find JT0146
This one is apparently missing. The retaining wall is there, but just at the spot mentioned in the description there is a big chunk missing. Everything else matches up, so we assume this one's gone.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by DOD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT BENICIA ARSENAL. AT BENICIA ARSENAL, AT BUILDING 45, 52 FEET NORTH OF AND ACROSS AN ASPHALT STREET FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF BUILDING 52, IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE RETAINING WALL FOR AN ACCESS WALK TO THE BASEMENT ROOMS, 27 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, 22.6 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER A NORTH-SOUTH STREET, 8.4 FEET WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE RETAINING WALL, 7.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE STREET.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.