Details for Benchmark: JT2124
N 38° 02.019 W 122° 06.935 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CONTRA COSTA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- STAUFFER CHEMICAL CO STK 1977
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977 (CA)
THE STATION IS A 208 FOOT STACK ON BULLS HEAD POINT AT THE EASTERN END OF CARQUINEZ STRAIT AND AT THE SOUTH END OF THE BENICIA BRIDGE. IT IS 1.3 N.M. NORTHEAST OF MARTINEZ. THE STACK IS CREAM COLORED AND TOPPED BY A SILVER METAL CONE. IT IS OWNED BY THE STAUFFER CHEMICAL COMPANY OF MARTINEZ. THE CENTER TOP OF THE CONE WAS INTERSECTED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.