Details for Benchmark: JT2215
N 38° 07.581 W 122° 13.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SOLANO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- VALLEJO MORELAND ST TANK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||GeoWorms couldn't find JT2215
This is a residential area covered in houses now. No water tank is seen. Probably destroyed.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (JCM)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE NORTH PART OF THE CITY OF VALLEJO, ON THE TOP OF A HILL, NORTHEAST OF MORELAND STREET AND EAST OF HOWARD STREET. THE STATION IS A METAL, SILVER-COLORED, ROUNDED TANK MOUNTED ON A 6-LEGGED STEEL TOWER. IT IS 105 FEET HIGH, 40 FEET IN DIAMETER, AND HAS A CAPACITY OF 300,000 GALLONS.
|01/01/1963 by LOCENG (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1963
RECOVERED BY J.P. BERRY.
TANK RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. DESCRIPTION ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.