Details for Benchmark: JT2392
N 38° 17.866 W 122° 17.126 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NAPA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- TOWER ON JAIL
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||GeoWorms marked JT2392 as destroyed
The data sheet describes this as lost. The tower was torn down.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (JCM)
THE TOWER WAS TORN DOWN ABOUT 1922. STATION LOST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.