Details for Benchmark: JU0358
N 39° 19.683 W 074° 35.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- G 65
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
1.2 MI NE FROM SOMERS POINT. 1.25 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG SHORE ROAD FROM THE CITY HALL AT SOMERS POINT, IN THE VILLAGE OF LINWOOD, NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF SHORE ROAD AND OCEAN HEIGHTS AVENUE, 82 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION, 61 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF SHORE ROAD, 18 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 3.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE NO. P 17846, 35.5 FEET WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF PORCH OF HOUSE NO. 2321 SHORE ROAD, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE AVENUE AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
NOTE, THE HOUSE NUMBER 2321 IS NO LONGER THERE, JUST A VACANT LOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 2734 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.