Details for Benchmark: JU0361
N 39° 18.467 W 074° 35.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- F 65
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT SOMERS POINT. AT SOMERS POINT, AT THE NORTHWEST END OF STATE HIGHWAY 52 BRIDGE OVER SHIP CHANNEL, SET ON TOP AT THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE GUARD RAIL BASE WHICH IS DIRECTLY OVER THE NORTHWEST ABUTMENT, 0.8 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE GUARD RAIL, 1.0 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE GUARD RAIL BASE AND ABOUT 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE BRIDGE FLOOR.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.