Details for Benchmark: JU0364
N 39° 17.833 W 074° 35.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- LINE RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
1.4 MI NW FROM OCEAN CITY. 1.45 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 52 (9TH STREET IN OCEAN CITY) FROM THE CITY HALL IN OCEAN CITY, 0.2 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF BRIDGE OVER RAINBOW CHANNEL, 40.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 165 FEET SOUTHEAST OF LINE RM 2 DESCRIBED, 73.8 FEET SOUTHEAST OF LINE STA. DESCRIBED, 17.5 FEET NORTH OF POWER POLE NO. 8173 AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.