Details for Benchmark: JU0365
N 39° 17.400 W 074° 35.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- P 56
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||hollybeth76 posted a note for JU0365
This whole bridge has been rebuilt higher so I am doubtful that it is still there.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
0.9 MI NW FROM OCEAN CITY. 0.9 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 52 (9TH STREET IN OCEAN CITY) FROM THE CITY HALL IN OCEAN CITY, SET ON TOP AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE OVER RAINBOW CHANNEL, 25 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.