Details for Benchmark: JU0366
N 39° 16.900 W 074° 34.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- BANK AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT OCEAN CITY. AT OCEAN CITY, AT THE SOUTH END OF THE OCEAN CITY SOMERS POINT BRIDGE, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE GUARD RAIL BASE NEAR THE SOUTH END, 17.7 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE BRIDGE, 13.7 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF BENCH MARK R.M. 1 (USE) DESCRIBED, 0.5 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF THE GUARD RAIL BASE AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE BRIDGE FLOOR.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|05/02/1997 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (JVS)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.