Details for Benchmark: JU0367
N 39° 16.917 W 074° 34.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- USE RM 1
- Marker Type:
- chiseled cross
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||hollybeth76 couldn't find JU0367
I believe it is still there we just couldn't find it. The bridge isn't new but I have a feeling it won't be there for too much longer. They have been working on newer bridges coming in to OC for the last 6 years. This year there is a very high ramp making it's way in to town. I will miss the draw bridges.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by DOD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT OCEAN CITY. AT OCEAN CITY, AT THE SOUTH END OF THE OCEAN CITY SOMERS POINT BRIDGE, A CHISELED CROSS IN THE OUTSIDE BASE OF THE GUARD RAIL ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE AT THE SOUTH END OF THE BRIDGE, NEAR THE LAST POST OF THE GUARD RAIL, 1.7 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF THE BRIDGE, 13.7 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF BENCH MARK BANK 1932 AZI. DESCRIBED, ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE BRIDGE FLOOR. NOTE-- OCEAN CITY (FOOT OF 9TH STREET), BACK THOROFARE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.