Details for Benchmark: JU0369
N 39° 16.900 W 074° 34.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 853 4907 TIDAL 1
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT OCEAN CITY. AT OCEAN CITY, 195 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF OCEAN CITY AND SOMERS POINT BRIDGE, 14.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CURB OF 9TH STREET, 91 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF PALEN AVENUE, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREET AND SET IN THE TOP AT THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE CONCRETE STEP AT THE SOUTHWEST ENTRANCE OF THE OFFICE OF JOHN CASTALDI GENERAL CONTRACTOR. NOTE-- OCEAN CITY (FOOT OF 9TH STREET), BACK THOROFARE.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|05/02/1997 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (JVS)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.