Details for Benchmark: JU0370
N 39° 16.867 W 074° 34.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 2701 NJGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT OCEAN CITY. AT OCEAN CITY, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 9TH STREET AND BAY AVENUE, 27 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF BAY AVENUE, 3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CURB OF 9TH STREET, 0.5 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF THE CONCRETE PAVEMENT WHICH HAS BEEN POURED SINCE THE MARK WAS SET, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 0.4 FOOT. NOTE-- (OCEAN CITY FOOT OF 9TH STREET), BACK THOROFARE.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
NOT RECOVERED AFTER AN EXTENSIVE SEARCH.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.