Details for Benchmark: JU0489
N 39° 19.167 W 074° 35.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 1834 NJGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT SOMERS POINT. AT SOMERS POINT, ABOUT 0.55 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG SHORE ROAD FROM THE SOMERS POINT CITY HALL, NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF SHORE ROAD AND MARYLAND AVENUE, 8.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF SHORE ROAD, 145 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MARYLAND AVENUE, 1.0 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK, 2.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF CONCRETE BASE OF A TELEPHONE BOOTH, 7 FEET WEST OF POWER POLE NO. 11, ABOUT 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS ABOUT 1 INCH UNDERGROUND.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
THE MARK IS 1 FT E FROM A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.