Details for Benchmark: JU0490
N 39° 18.883 W 074° 35.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 1833 NJGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
AT SOMERS POINT. AT SOMERS POINT, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SHORE ROAD AND NEW YORK AVENUE, 0.05 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG NEW YORK AVENUE FROM THE SOMERS POINT POST OFFICE, 3.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF NEW YORK AVENUE, 1.0 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF SHORE ROAD, 1.1 FEET SOUTHWEST OF POWER POLE 6108, 1.0 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK, ABOUT 3 INCHES BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE SIDEWALK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS ABOUT 3 INCHES UNDERGROUND.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.