Details for Benchmark: JU0492
N 39° 18.017 W 074° 37.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- TIDAL 2 STA 71
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
0.5 MI SW FROM SOMERS POINT. 0.5 MILE SOUTHWEST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 9 FROM THE JUNCTION WITH THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY. 254 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF BEASLEYS POINT BRIDGE OVER GREAT EGG HARBOR BAY, 61 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE HIGHWATER LINE, 17.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 9 AND 2 FEET NORTHWEST OF GUARD RAIL FENCE. SET IN THE TOP OF AN 8 INCH TILE FILLED WITH CONCRETE LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.