Details for Benchmark: JU0493
N 39° 17.817 W 074° 37.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- TIDAL 1 STA 71
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
0.9 MI SW FROM SOMERS POINT. 0.9 MILE SOUTHWEST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 9 FROM THE JUNCTION WITH THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY, 643.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE BRIDGE FLOOR OVER GREAT EGG HARBOR BAY, 545 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE BRIDGE TENDER HOUSE, 0.5 FEET NORTHEAST AND AT THE SOUTH CORNER OF SECTION 82 (SECTIONS ARE NUMBERED ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF THE BRIDGE), 0.5 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST GUARD RAIL OF THE BRIDGE. SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE BRIDGE FLOOR LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.