Details for Benchmark: JU0494
N 39° 18.833 W 074° 37.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Z 56
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
1.1 MI NW FROM SOMERS POINT. 1.1 MILE NORTHWEST ON COUNTY ROAD 559 FROM THE JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 52 IN SOMERS POINT. IN THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE NORTH BOUND TRAFFIC OVERPASS, 26 FEEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF COUNTY ROAD 559 AND 3 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE OVERPASS. SET IN A VERTICAL DRILL HOLE ABOUT 2.5 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
CHANGE-MARK IS 26 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTRY ROAD 559, NOT WEST, ALSO IT IS 3 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE OVERPASS, NOT SOUTH OF THE NORTH END.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.