Details for Benchmark: JU2416
N 39° 18.433 W 074° 37.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- B 80
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
1.05 MI SW FROM SOMERS POINT. 1.05 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE ROUTE 9 FROM THEJUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 52 IN SOMERS POINT, SET BETWEEN ROUTE 9 AND TOLLGATE OF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY AT AN OBSERVATION WELL OF U.S.G.S., 0.05 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE TOLL GATE, 247 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF ROUTE 9 AND AN ACCESS ROAD TO THE TOLLGATE, 262 FEET NORTHEAST OF POWER POLE P 43361 ACE AT THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF THE ACCESS ROAD, 123 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE ROUTE 9 OVERPASS BRIDGE OVER THE PARKWAY, 64 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE 9, 34.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF 4 BY 8 WOOD GUARD RAIL, 2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE OBSERVATION WELL. THE MARK IS 1 FT SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 5 FT BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.