Details for Benchmark: JU2417
N 39° 18.833 W 074° 34.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- F 80
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
2.2 MI WEST FROM LONGPORT. 2.2 MILES WEST ALONG STATE ROUTE 152 FROM THE WEST END OF THE ROUTE 152 BRIDGE OVER BEACH THEROFARD IN LONGPORT TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, SET ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF POWER POLE P 40604, BETWEEN TWO SMALL BRIDGES OVER CREEKS, 267 FEET EAST OF THE EAST END OF A WOODEN GUARD RAIL OF THE BRIDGE OVER A CREEK, 0.05 MILE WEST OF THE WEST END OF THE BRIDGE OVER A CREEK, 49.5 FEET SOUTH AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM POWER POLE 39, 27 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROUTE 152, 2.5 FEET SOUTH OF POWER POLE P 40604. THE MARK IS 1 FT E FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1 FT BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.