Details for Benchmark: JU2858
N 39° 18.207 W 074° 34.237 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (BHR)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS STANDARD TRIANGULATION DISK SET IN CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH STANDS APPROXIMATELY 8 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND. STATION IS LOCATED IN LOW BRUSH ON ANCHORAGE POINT 37.7 METERS FROM HIGH WATER LINE.
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS SET IN CONCRETE AS DESCRIBED IN NOTES 1A AND 11A. DISKS WERE STAMPED ANCHORAGE 1935 AND REFERENCE MARKS STAMPED 1 AND 2 RESPECTIVELY.
HEIGHT OF SIGNAL ABOVE STATION MARK - 5 METERS.
|01/01/1937 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1937 (LDG)
THE STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS 1 AND 2 WERE FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION WAS FOUND TO BE COMPLETE. ANCHORAGE POINT IS ON THE NORTHWEST SHORE OF BROAD THOROFARE AND NORTHEAST SHORE OF SHIP CHANNEL.
|01/01/1950 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (HFG)
STATION AND REFERENCE MARK 2 ARE DESTROYED. THE MONUMENTS HAVE CRUMBLED AWAY AND THE DISKS WERE NOT FOUND. REFERENCE MARK 1 WAS FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION. THE PUBLISHED DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE AND CORRECT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.