Details for Benchmark: JU2866
N 39° 17.561 W 074° 37.574 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- BRIDGE TENDERS HOUSE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (BHR)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE CENTER OF SMALL BRIDGE TENDERS HOUSE ON THE WESTERN SIDE OF THE BRIDGE OVER GREAT EGG HARBOR RIVER LEADING FROM SOMERS POINT TO BEESLEYS POINT. IT IS AT THE POINT WHERE THE TOLL IS COLLECTED. THE HOUSE IS WHITE AND HAS A RED ROOF. NO MARKS WERE PUT IN.
|01/01/1937 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1937 (LDG)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION WAS FOUND TO BE COMPLETE. EXCEPT, THE STATION IS ON THE S SIDE OF THE DRAW.
|01/01/1950 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950 (HFG)
STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE PUBLISHED DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE AND CORRECT WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION--
THE HOUSE IS NOT USED FOR COLLECTING TOLL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.