Details for Benchmark: JU3235
N 39° 42.968 W 075° 21.644 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GLOUCESTER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GLA)
THIS STATION IS ON THE SOUTHEASTERLY CONCRETE RAILING OF BRIDGE OVER OLDMANS CREEK ABOUT 0.65 MILE N OF AUBURN ON SWEDESBORO ROAD. THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD DISK STAMPED OLDMAN 1933 SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE RAILING.
A TRIANGULATION CONNECTION WAS MADE WITH STATION AUBURN AND AUBURN AZIMUTH MARK.
|01/01/1965 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965 (JCB)
STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND FOUND TO BE IN GOOD CONDITION. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT THE DISTANCE SHOWN TO AUBURN AZ. MK. (AZ. MK.) OF 85.3 FEET IS INCORRECT.
|11/14/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 2816 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.