Details for Benchmark: JU3240
N 39° 44.867 W 075° 18.869 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GLOUCESTER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- SWEDESBORO DILKS CO SQUAT TANK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GLA)
THIS STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE BALL AT THE TIP OF THE SQUAT BLACK WATER TANK AT THE WILLIAM W. DILKS AND SONS, INCORPORATED PLANT 1/4 MILE S OF THE RAILROAD STATION. THE TANK IS ABOUT 100 FEET W OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD AND 75 FEET S OF RICHARDSON AVENUE. THE TANK IS ABOUT 90 FEET HIGH.
|01/01/1946 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946 (ELJ)
STATION RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.