Details for Benchmark: JU3283
N 39° 45.034 W 075° 18.426 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GLOUCESTER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- SWEDESBORO TRINITY EPIS CHURCH
- Marker Type:
- church spire
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GLA)
THIS STATION IS THE FINIAL OF THE SPIRE OF THE TRINITY PROTESTANT EPISCOPAL CHURCH IN THE S CORNER OF A SMALL CEMETERY AT THE N CORNER OF KINGS HIGHWAY AND CHURCH STREET, SWEDESBORO. THE CHURCH IS A RED BRICK BUILDING WITH A SQUARE BRICK TOWER AT THE NW (REAR) END. A SQUARE WHITE WOODEN BELFRY RISES 10 FEET ABOVE THE TOP OF THE BRICK TOWER. THERE IS A FENCED PLATFORM AROUND TOP OF TOWER. THE SPIRE RISES 30 FEET ABOVE BELFRY. THE LOWER PART OF THE SPIRE IS SQUARE AND THE UPPER PART IS OCTAGONAL. SPIRE HAS FINIAL WITH BALL AND WEATHER VANE AT TIP.
|01/01/1946 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946 (ELJ)
STATION RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
|11/14/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.