Details for Benchmark: JU3851
N 39° 39.581 W 075° 47.341 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CECIL county, MD View Original Datasheet
- BOUNDARY ARC STONE 2 DE MD
- Marker Type:
- stone monument
- driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1765 by MASDIX (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1961 by CGS (POOR)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961 (RWT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.5 MILES SOUTHWEST OF NEWARK, DELAWARE, 2.0 MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF ELK MILLS, MARYLAND, ON PROPERTY OF E.I. DUPONT AND COMPANY, INCORPORATED, STINE LABORATORIES, 200.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A DIM TRACK ROAD AND 63.4 FEET NORTH OF AN EAST AND WEST FENCELINE AND NORTH EDGE OF A TIMBERLINE AND IS INCLOSED BY A POLE FENCE.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRIANGULATION STATION BOUNDARY MONUMENT 83, DISTANCE BEING 400.054 METERS SOUTH OF STATION BOUNDARY MONUMENT 83. IT IS ARC STONE NO. 2 1765, AN UNMARKED STONE. IT HAS BEEN BROKEN OFF AT GROUND LEVEL AND NOW SETS ON OLD BASE OR WHAT IS BELIEVED TO BE OLD BASE AT THE ORIGINAL LOCATION. IT IS A 7 X 12 INCH STONE PROJECTING ABOUT 28 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.