Details for Benchmark: JU4167
N 39° 44.073 W 075° 24.040 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SALEM county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- FAA 7N7 A
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 7.2 KM (4.5 MI) NORTHEAST OF PENNS GROVE AT THE PEDRICKTOWN/OLD MANS AIRPORT, AT THE JUNCTION OF THE TAXIWAY AND RUNWAY NORTH OF THE AIRPORT OFFICE AND ON THE NORTH SIDE OF RUNWAY 7. OWNERSHIP--AND AIRPORT MANAGER IS TOM KURTZ, P.O. BOX 179, PEDRICKTOWN, NJ 08067, PHONE 609-299-3634. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF THE NORTHBOUND LANE OF INTERSTATE 295 (EXIT 7 AUBURN PEDRICKTOWN) AND PEDRICKTOWN ROAD, GO NORTHWEST ON PEDRICKTOWN ROAD FOR 0.16 KM (0.10 MI) TO A PAVED ROAD ON THE RIGHT (WITH SIGN--OLD MANS AIRPORT) TURN RIGHT, NORTHEAST, ON THE AIRPORT ENTRANCE ROAD FOR 0.56 KM (0.35 MI) TO A STOP SIGN AND THE END OF RUNWAY 7, TURN LEFT, EAST ONTO THE RUNWAY FOR 0.08 KM (0.05 MI) TO THE JUNCTION OF A TAXIWAY AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE TAXIWAY AND ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE RUNWAY. THE STATION IS LOCATED 16.7 M (54.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE TAXIWAY, 8.7 M (28.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE RUNWAY AND 0.35 M (1.15 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
|06/21/1999 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (FAC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- This mark is at Pedrictown Airport (7N7)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.