Details for Benchmark: JU4256
N 39° 38.667 W 075° 50.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CECIL county, MD View Original Datasheet
- B 198
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by MDSHA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MARYLAND DOT HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION 1991
THE MARKER IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.5 MI (4.0 KM) WEST OF THE MARYLAND-DELAWARE STATE BOUNDARY, 3 MI (4.8 KM) NORTH OF ELKTON AND ALONG THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 95. IT IS ON INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 95 RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 95 AND STATE HIGHWAY 222, GO NORTHEAST ON INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 95 FOR 12.7 MI (20.4 KM) TO THE MARKER ON THE RIGHT, A MARYLAND STATE HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION SURVEY DISK IN THE CONCRETE BASE OF A HIGHWAY SIGN FOR LODGING AT EXIT 109A . IT IS 11 FT (3.4 M) SOUTH OF THE MOST SOUTH EDGE OF THE PAVED SOUTH SHOULDER ALONG THE NORTHBOUND LANE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 95, 8 FT (2.4 M) SOUTHWEST OF A GUARDRAIL, 48.5 FT (14.8 M) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A CONCRETE HEADWALL, 84.5 FT (25.8 M) NORTHWEST OF A HIGHWAY MILE MARKER NUMBERED M397N AND ABOUT 2 FT (0.6 M) LOWER THAN THE SURFACE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 95.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1995.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.