Details for Benchmark: JU4306
N 39° 18.802 W 074° 33.561 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- NJGPS 15
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US ENGINEERS 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED 2.1 KM (1.3 MI) NORTHWEST OF GREAT EGG HARBOR INLET, NORTH OF OCEAN CITY. THE STATION IS SET AT THE HIGHEST POINT ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE LONGPORT BOULEVARD, STATE ROUTE 152, HIGH LEVEL FIXED BRIDGE OVER BROAD THOROFARE, IN EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF COUNTY ROAD 585, CLEVELAND AVENUE AND COUNTY ROAD 152, MARYLAND AVENUE IN SOMERS POINT, GO 3.1 KM (1.9 MI) SOUTHEAST THEN EAST ON MARYLAND AVENUE, LONGPORT BOULEVARD TO THE CENTER SPAN OF THE BRIDGE OVER BROAD THOROFARE AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS 7.6 M (24.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE ROUTE 152 CENTERLINE, 74.7 M (245.1 FT) EAST OF THE WEST EXPANSION JOINT, 68.6 M (225.1 FT) WEST OF THE EAST EXPANSION JOINT, 2.03 M (6.66 FT) NORTHEAST OF A CROSS CUT ON THE SOUTH PARAPET, 3.0 FT (0.9 M) SOUTH OF A CROSSCUT IN THE CURB, 1.22 M (4.00 FT) NORTHWEST OF A CROSS CUT ON THE SOUTH PARAPET AND FLUSH IN THE SIDEWALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.