Details for Benchmark: JU4426
N 39° 17.855 W 074° 37.241 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ATLANTIC county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- BAY 2
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NJHA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY HIGHWAY AUTHORITY 1991
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF SOMERS POINT ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTHBOUND LANES IN A GRASS AREA BEHIND BULKHEAD AT THE NORTH END OF THE BRIDGE OVER GREAT EGG HARBOR BAY, AT ABOUT MILEPOINT 28.13. THE STATION, SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AT THE SOUTH END OF DRAG ISLAND, IS 19.1 FT (5.8 M) WEST FROM THE SOLID WHITE LINE AT THE WEST EDGE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES, 16.6 FT (5.1 M) WEST FROM THE BACK OF GUIDE RAIL AT THE WEST EDGE OF THE SOUTHBOUND ROADWAYS, 20.0 FT (6.1 M) WEST NORTHWEST FROM AN X CUT NEAR THE NORTH END OF THE NORTHWEST PARAPET WALL, 53.0 FT (16.2 M) EAST NORTHEAST FROM THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF WOOD SHEET BULKHEAD AT THE EDGE OF THE BAY.
|06/11/1993 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.