Details for Benchmark: JV1499
N 39° 43.267 W 076° 39.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BALTIMORE county, MD View Original Datasheet
- BOUNDARY MON 46 RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
0.2 MI N FROM MARYLAND LINE. 0.2 MILE NORTH ALONG OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 111 FROM THE FIRE STATION AT MARYLAND LINE, ALONG A FENCE LINE, NEAR THE MARYLAND-PENNSYLVANIA STATE LINE, BETWEEN OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 111 AND THE NEW HIGHWAY, 228.5 FEET WEST OF THE STATION, 36 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 1 FOOT EAST OF A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE LINE AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1961 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.