Details for Benchmark: JV1544
N 39° 36.067 W 076° 37.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BALTIMORE county, MD View Original Datasheet
- 27 PRR
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT BLUE MOUNT. AT BLUE MOUNT, BALTIMORE COUNTY, ABOUT 700 FEET SOUTH OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD STATION, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF BRIDGE 24.87, AND 15 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE EAST TRACK. A COPPER BOLT.
|06/26/1997 by MD-005 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY BALTIMORE COUNTY MARYLAND 1997 (WEH)
RECOVERED BY THE BALTIMORE COUNTY SURVEY DIVISION 1997 (WEH) . STATION IS ABOUT 4.2 MILES (6.8 KM) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF PARKTON AND 2.2 MILES (3.5 KM) EAST-NORTHEAST OF HEREFORD ALONG THE OLD PENNSYLVANIA RAILWAY, NOW THE GUNPOWDER STATE PARK TRAIL. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE ROUTE 137 (MOUNT CARMEL ROAD) OVERPASS OF INTERSTATE 83 AT EXIT 27, GO EAST ON ROUTE 137 FOR 0.4 MILES (0.6 KM) TO THE TEE INTERSECTION WITH ROUTE 45 (YORK ROAD) . TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON ROUTE 45 FOR 0.1 MILES (0.2 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH ROUTE 138 (MONKTON ROAD) ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST ON ROUTE 138 FOR 1.1 MILES (1.8 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH BLUE MOUNT ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTHEAST ON BLUEMOUNT ROAD FOR 1.4 MILES (2.3 KM) TO THE GUNPOWDER STATE PARK TRAIL CROSSING AT THE OLD BLUE MOUNT STATION. STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 700 FEET (213.4 M) SOUTHWEST ALONG THE BIKE TRAIL ON THE SOUTHEAST BRIDGE ABUTMENT WALL OF RAILROAD BRIDGE 24.87 OVER THE LITTLE FALLS. STATION MARK IS A 1 1/2 INCH COPPER BOLT SET FLUSH WITH THE TOP ABUTMENT WALL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.