Details for Benchmark: JV1956
N 39° 42.117 W 077° 18.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREDERICK county, MD View Original Datasheet
- D 82 RESET 1969 MDSRC
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by MDSRC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MD STATE ROADS COMM 1969
0.5 MI SE FROM EMMITSBURG. 0.5 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 97 FROM THE EMMITSBURG POST OFFICE, 66.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A ONE-STORY BRICK RANCH HOUSE BELONGING TO DOCTOR BALDACCHINO (DENTIST), 0.15 MILE WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 15, 3.7 FEET NORTH OF POWER POLE F 15178, 3.5 FEET SOUTH OF MAINTENANCE MARKER 22 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1977 by MDDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1977
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION NEW DESCRIPTION FROM THE NEW POST OFFICE AT EMMITSBURG PROCEED NORTH ON BUSINESS RTE US 15 TO THE INTERSECTION OF MD RTE 97, TURN RIGHT AND PROCEED EAST ON MD RTE 97 FOR 0.6 MILES TO THE RAMP TO US RTE 15 SOUTH, FOLLOW RAMP FOR 200 FEET TO SATION. IT IS 3.7 FT NORTH OF POWER POLE NO F 1 S 1 78 WITH WITNESS SIGN NAILED TO FRONT OF POLE, 66.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A RANCHER BELONGING TO DR BALDACCHIND DDS. IT IS ALSO 0.15 MILES WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF OLD MD RTE 97 AND US RTE 15.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (NH)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.