Details for Benchmark: JV2022
N 39° 54.933 W 077° 27.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- X 159
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
12.9 MI SW FROM PINE GROVE FURNACE. 12.9 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 233 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT PINE GROVE FURNACE, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, 0.05 MILE SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE HIGHWAY AND QUARRY GAP ROAD LEADING WEST, IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST GUARD WALL OF A SMALL CONCRETE BRIDGE, AND 13 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED X 159 1942.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.