Details for Benchmark: JV2046
N 39° 53.567 W 077° 14.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 613 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT GOLDENVILLE. AT GOLDENVILLE, ADAMS COUNTY, 132 FEET WEST OF THE READING CO. RAILWAY STATION, 117 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE MAIN TRACK, IN THE STONE FOUNDATION AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE MILUS A. WILSON HOUSE, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE GROUND. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 613 AND SET VERTICALLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.