Details for Benchmark: JV2074
N 39° 56.833 W 077° 10.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- U 161 PADH
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PA DEPT OF HIGHWAYS 1942
4.3 MI E FROM BIGLERVILLE. ABOUT 4.3 MILES EAST ALONG HIGHWAY NO. 234 FROM THE READING COMPANY RAILROAD STATION AT BIGLERVILLE, 90 FT. NORTH-EAST OF A 2-STORY BRICK FARM HOUSE, 12.5 FT. NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY NO. 234, A PENN. HIGHWAY DEPT. DISK SET IN THE NORTH-WEST WING WALL OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.