Details for Benchmark: JV2097
N 39° 56.767 W 077° 20.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ADAMS county, PA View Original Datasheet
- U 159 PADH
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.6 MI SW FROM ARENDTSVILLE. 0.6 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG DIRT ROAD 01071 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT ARENDTSVILLE, ADAMS COUNTY, THENCE 1.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG A DIRT ROAD, AND THENCE 1.4 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 234, IN THE SOUTHEAST WINGWALL OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER CONEWAGA CREEK, AND 14 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A PENNSYLVANIA STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT STANDARD DISK, STAMPED U 159 1942.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.