Details for Benchmark: JV2893
N 39° 08.983 W 077° 14.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONTGOMERY county, MD View Original Datasheet
- 3230 WSSC
- Marker Type:
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by WSSC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by WSSC (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY WASH SUBURB SAN COMM 1966
0.5 MI S FROM DARNESTOWN. 2.5 MI. N.E. ALONG STATE HWY. 28 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HWY. 112 AT DARNESTOWN, THENCE 0.75 MI. N.E. ALONG STATE HWY. 124, THENCE 1.5 MI. N. ALONG LONGDRAUGH ROAD, THENCE 0.3 MI. W. ALONG CLOPPER ROAD. IN THE THIRD CONCRETE STEP LEADING TO A WHITE FRAME CHURCH ABOUT 250 FT. E. OF A GAME PRESERVE ROAD. BENCH MARK MAY ALSO BE REACHED BY GOING 1.2 MI. ALONG STATE HWY. 124 FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH STATE HWY. 355 AT GAITHERSBURG THENCE 1.3 MI. W. ALONG CLOPPER ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.