Details for Benchmark: JV3273
N 39° 58.617 W 077° 33.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, PA View Original Datasheet
- A 265 X
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
5.2 MI SW FROM SHIPPENSBURG. ABOUT 5.20 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HY. 696 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. 11 AND STATE HY. 696 IN SHIPPENSBURG, STANDARD BENCH MARK DISK SET IN TO OF (SQUARE) CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 2 INCHES, 15 FEET SOUTH EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HY. 696, 2 FEET NORTH EAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. 8. 3 FEET SOUTH WEST OF STANDARD METAL WITNESS POST. ALSO, 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF CROSSROADS. NOTE-- BM IS ON THE PROPERTY OF MR. W.L. MYERS.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
NOTE-- MARK APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN RAISED.
|10/29/1990 by USGS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1990 (BJS)
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.