Details for Benchmark: JV3354
N 39° 56.450 W 077° 33.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, PA View Original Datasheet
- F 156
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.2 MI SE FROM SCOTLAND. 2.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 997 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SCOTLAND, FRANKLIN COUNTY, THENCE 0.7 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A BLACKTOP ROAD LEADING FROM THE HIGHWAY TO BLACK GAP, IN THE WEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE WATER PUMP BASE AT D.B. FARNERS NEW BRICK HOUSE, 30 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 15 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE YARD FENCE, AND 14.6 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE HOUSE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED F 156 1942.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.