Details for Benchmark: JV4061
N 39° 28.767 W 077° 23.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LOUDOUN county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Z 89 RESET 1947
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||hunterKat posted a note for JV4061
Funny, the coordinates put this in Frederick County, MD - a long way off from Leesburg, VA.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1947 by VADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS 1947
6.6 MI SE FROM LEESBURG. 6.6 MILES SE ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 7 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT AT LEESBURG, 200 FT SW OF A LOG CABIN WITH A SEMI-CIRCULAR DRIVE IN FROMT, 50 FT SE OF THE S CORNER OF A TWO STORY FARMHOUSE, AT THE SW END OF A HEDGE, 53 FT NE OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND NEAR A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST. A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.