Details for Benchmark: JV6752
N 39° 30.745 W 076° 27.487 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HARFORD county, MD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by RDA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY RINKER DETWILER AND ASSOCIATES 1989
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN WESTERN HARFORD COUNTY, MARYLAND ABOUT 5 MILES WEST OF BEL AIR. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION FEDERAL HIGHWAY 1 AND STATE HIGHWAY 152 PROCEED WEST ALONG HIGHWAY 152 4.15 MILES TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH PLEASANTVILLE ROAD. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED SOUTH ALONG PLEASANTVILLE ROAD 1.5 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A STANDARD HARFORD COUNTY STATION DISK SET IN CONCRETE ABOUT 1 INCH BELOW GROUND STAMPED 52 FALLSMONT 1989. THE STATION IS 15.8 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF PLEASANTVILLE ROAD, 79.7 FEET SOUTH OF A 12 INCH SASSAFRASS TREE, AND 463.0 FEET NORTH OF THE TREE LINE OF GUNPOWDER STATE PARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.