Details for Benchmark: JW0604
N 39° 56.433 W 079° 26.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FAYETTE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- W 196
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
4.2 MI S FROM NORMALVILLE. ABOUT 4.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 381 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 711 AT NORMALVILLE, ABOUT 120 YARDS NORTH OF THE TOP OF A GRADE AND CROSSROAD, ABOUT 0.1 MILE NORTHEAST OF A BAPTIST CHURCH AND CEMETERY, IN THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF A 15-INCH UNDERGROUND DRAIN PARALLEL TO HIGHWAY, 15 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT ABOVE LEVEL OF HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.