Details for Benchmark: JW0610
N 39° 52.700 W 079° 28.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FAYETTE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- B 197
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.6 MI NE FROM OHIOPYLE. ABOUT 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 381 FROM THE CROSSING OF THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD AT OHIOPYLE, ABOUT 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF A BLACK TOP ROAD LEADING SOUTHEAST AND DOWNHILL TO URSINA, ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM A POINT BETWEEN TELEPHONE POLES NO. 1/310 AND 1/311, IN THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH STONE MASONRY WALL OF DROP INLET OF A 20-INCH PIPE CULVERT UNDER HIGHWAY, 15 FEET NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.