Details for Benchmark: JW0679
N 39° 27.100 W 079° 22.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GARRETT county, MD View Original Datasheet
- GA 4
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by MDGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
3.5 MI N FROM OAKLAND. 3.5 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 219 FROM THE GARRETT COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL AT OAKLAND, GARRETT COUNTY, 190 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF A ROAD LEADING TO MOUNTAIN LAKE PARK, 49 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AT THE FERNDALE BAPTIST CHURCH, 12 FEET SOUTH OF THE CORNER, AND IN THE CHURCHYARD. A STATE SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED GA 4 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|09/28/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
5.8 KM (3.6 MI) NORTHEASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 219 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 39 IN OAKLAND, 35.6 M (116.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF MT. NEBO ROAD, 18.4 M (60.4 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 7.3 M (24.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF A FENCE, 2.2 M (7.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE FERNDALE CHURCH, 1.6 M (5.2 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.1 M (0.3 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.