Details for Benchmark: JW0885
N 39° 37.833 W 079° 57.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONONGALIA county, WV View Original Datasheet
- V 26
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1956
AT MORGANTOWN. AT MORGANTOWN, MONONGALIA COUNTY, 390 FEET NORTH OF THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION, AT BRIDGE 361, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, THIS MARK WAS REPORTED BY USGS IN 1956 AS NOT RECOVERED AND PROBABLY DESTROYED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.